Friday, December 2, 2016

Whole30: Reintroduction

Coffeeeee!
Let me just say that after 30 days without coffee, I was a super happy camper yesterday morning hearing my coffee maker brewing when I came down to the kitchen. Let me also say that I don't think my feet touched the ground for most of yesterday after enjoying that delicious coffee. Within 20 minutes of those first few sips, I could feel the caffeine coursing through my veins. And I probably could have cleaned my entire house before leaving for work. But I didn't.

That first cup was wonderful, although I admit that it did taste different than I expected, and different than it did in October. Clearly, my tastes changed in the absence of my creamer and sugars in general. Looking back, I used to have a splash of coffee with my creamer, which is part of what led me to cut the coffee out in the first place.

Luckily, I was able to fall asleep without any issue last night. The buzz from the coffee started to subside in the late afternoon, and by late evening I was fine. I am having coffee again this morning and feel OK, but I am definitely jazzed again like yesterday.

I had some smoked sausage last night with W30 compliant French's mustard, and I felt OK this morning. No refulx or stomach issue, no wonky feeling. I'm on to day two post-Whole30, and not adding anything until this evening, when I may try a glass of wine. I must eat tomorrow, as the wine and cheese party is tomorrow night and I CAN'T not eat. I'm going shopping during lunch to get a start on the weekend grocery shopping, and get some stuff for tomorrow that is easy to prepare amidst cleaning and prepping for the party.

Note to self: November seemed like a great time for this W30, but, in the end, the reintroduction is proving more difficult than the month of restriction.

No comments:

Post a Comment