Sunday, March 7, 2010

And then he turned three...

I've been trying to think of how best to write about Fred and his latest milestone, his third birthday.  This year was his golden birthday, turning three on the third.  I am not the most eloquent writer, nor do I know how to encapsulate the last three years and truly capture the magical moments, the ups and downs, and the love that Fred has brought to all of us. 

He is a prince, he is funny, he is hot tempered, he is loving, he is sweet.  He is my son, and I love him to pieces.
Me and my big sister
He loves trains, cars, and things that go; he loves books, puzzles, and winter snow; he laughs, he cries, he yells, he shouts, he smiles and sticks his tongue way out; and I love him to pieces.

He drives me crazy, he hugs me tight, he tells me he loves me when he kisses me good night.  He has blonde hair and brown eyes, and I want to run to him when he cries.  I love him to pieces.

He's trying to teach me patience, he's trying to teach me love.  He loves his Mommy and his Daddy, and most of all he loves his sister.  He is a friend, a son, a brother, a grandson.  He is a treasure, a miracle, a wonder, and a blessing.  I love him to pieces.

He is an amazing creature.  He's taught us a new language, including words like wee-wah (rocket) and bee-buh (ladybug).  He sees the world with the true wonder of a child, and reminds me every day that life is a blessing.  He eats like a champ, he fights like a champ.  He still cries for his Mommy.  I love him to pieces.

It's amazing to me that we have created such an amazing person as he.  He's beautiful inside and out.  He still loves the hugs and kisses of his Mommy and Daddy.  I'm trying to hold on to these times, because time passes too quickly when they're this little.  It passes too quickly when they bigger.  Time is not on our side when we're trying to treasure our children.  I try to remember the feeling of his arms reaching around me, his little lips pursed against my cheek, the sound of his sweet voice saying, "I love you, Mommy". 
First birthday cake!
 His sister cares for him, his sister taunts him, and at the end of the day, it is his sister that he runs to for a goodnight hug and kiss, whether she wants it or not.  She calls him 'sweetie'.  He sweetly says 'thank you'.  She tries to teach him to count, he can get to 5 or 7.  She tries to teach him his table manners, she makes him laugh with a mouth full of food, and they laugh.
4th of July
His favourite thing to do with Daddy is wrestle.  "Daddy wrestle me!", he cries as soon as Daddy comes home.  Any chance to tackle, tickle, and knock Daddy down, he's all over it.  He follows Daddy everywhere.

There's a special place in my heart for this little guy.  There are not enough words, or the right words, to really explain it.  He's cool.  He's cute.  He's mine.  He's three.  Where does the time go?

Happy birthday, little man.  You're precious and beautiful, don't ever forget it.  I fell in love with you the moment I first saw you. 

Happy 3rd birthday!


Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment