Tuesday, June 28, 2011

(not so) Hot June

It's probably best at this point to summarize June with one word - busy.  My mom arrived for a one month stay, I had two races to start the month, Ethel finished kindy, Mommy and the kids raced, and we traveled to Canada to see my mom's cousins.  As June draws to a close, here are some pictures of the month of June.


 RACING
After the United Run for the Zoo.  Mommy's 2nd 10K, kids did the Zebra Zip!
 LAST DAY OF KINDY!


On the way to school!



At the school awards assembly

Last day of school lunch with Nani
 Good Mommy that I am, I forgot my camera when I went to get Ethel after school, so you'll have to settle for these shots.
DON'T ASK

 It's fun when Mommy cleans out the garage.  And the coolers.

BYE BYE (dead and dying) TREES!


Had to have some trees removed this month.  It's pretty sunny in the back yard now. 

TRIP TO CANADA
Family truckster all loaded up!

Yep, grandma's stuff in the back!


Cottage in Kincardine where we stayed (two blocks from the Lake, absolutely adorable)

Beautiful beach on Lake Huron @ Kincardine, ONT



Just playin' around


The family at Boiler Beach




Family go kart teams!

Girls vs boys (girls won, don't let 'em tell ya otherwise)
Family gathered on patio

Cousin Nancy reviewing geography with Ethel and Fred

Cousin Ian and his wife, Betty Ann, with mom and me

The cousins.  (three) two Canadians and a bloke

A Canadian, a Brit, and an American (Hot Dad) - a.k.a. - not the cousins (inside joke, sorry)

The trip to Canada was wonderful, and is an entire entry of its own (at a later date).  Suffice it to say, we had a wonderful time with family, learning about family, drinking beer, wine and coffee, and appreciating our Canadian and Scottish heritage.  

Note to self,
Next time, lay off the poutine.
Thanks, the waistline

It was a beautiful time with beautiful people, and we can't wait to do it again very soon. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh what fun! Made me miss my old Seattle Summer:)

    Following your lovely blog. You may also visit Olah Momma! (http://olahmomma.com), or our Momma's Lounge (http://olahmomma.com/momlounge) to join and mingle with moms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I not know you went to Canada? How did I not know our kids have the exact same carseats? How did I not know that I'm too tired to think of anything else to say--but I did enjoy this post. Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete