Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Working mom guilt

Today is just one of those days I am riddled with guilt that I'm not home with my kids for the summer.


The kids don't want to get up, get dressed, wear those socks, put on those shoes, find that camp shirt, eat that cereal, it's one of those mornings.

You're mean, you woke me up!

That's not the shirt I want to wear!

I want to get my clothes on myself!

You have to help me, this shirt is too hard to get on myself!
{where's my coffee?}
No, Mommy, I don't need to brush my hair, it's fine!

I want milk in my cereal!

Mommy, you have to buy me new socks, I don't like these!

I am NOT poopy, you don't smell anything!

Why is there milk in my cereal?!
{is it too early for a Bloody Mary?}
Mommy, why do we have to go to {day care} all the time? (a working parent's favourite question)

I don't want him to get in the car on my side!

BOTH OF YOU GET IN THE CAR AND SIT DOWN, WE'RE LEAVING!


Summer Shandy, take me away!

**I apologize, the text in this entry was not published yesterday, so it probably made no sense when it appeared!  

No comments:

Post a Comment