Monday, October 31, 2011

Running Chronicles; 2011 Race Calendar


I thought now would be a good time to outline my 2011 races.  I did what I set out to do this year, which was to make this year the year of the 10K and increased distances.  I took it one step (well, many steps) further by running my first half marathon this past weekend.  I'm currently still on cloud 9 after the Monster half, and wish all my races could be that amazing.  Here is my 2011 race recap.


2011 Races
March 13 - St Paddy's Shamrock Shuffle 5K - time 28:07
April 10 - Chicago Shamrock Shuffle 8K - time 44:24 (with a 5K PR time of 26:54)
April 17 - Equestrian Connection 5 miles - time 49:16:5
April 23 - Egg Shell Shuffle 5K - PR!! time 26:03
May 26 - Chicago Corporate Challenge 3.5 miles - time 29:10
May 29 - Salute Inc. Memorial Day 10K - time 59:32:3
June 5 - United Run For The Zoo 10K - time 1:00:41
June 11 - CVS Run to Stop The Cycle of CVS 5K - time 26:03
July 3 - Frontier Days Stampede 10K - time 1:01:28
July 30th - Running in the Brook 5K - time 28:03
September 4th - Buffalo Grove Stampede 10K - time 59:37
October 1 - Itasca Oktoberfast 5K - time 26:10
October 16 - This Run's For Jack 5K - time *23:55
October 29 - Team Ortho Chicago Monster Dash Half Marathon (13.1)- my first half - time 2:05:39 {race report to follow soon}

In the pipeline -
Thanksgiving Day!  Long Grove Turkey Trot - 5K/8K {I will sign up for the 8K}
December 3 - Rotary Santa Run 5K {note to self; don't try to run this one for time}

For some reason, I thought I'd run a ton more races than this, but I guess by all the running I've done and since joining the racing team, it just feels like I'm always running!

*This race was sold as a 5K, but was not a certified course, and all of us Garmin users found the course to be short - about 2.8 miles rather than 3.1.  So, the time recorded is for a short race.  Estimated 5K finish time would have been just shy of 26 minutes, a big PR for me, had it measured correctly.

4 comments:

  1. This list is impressive! Congrats on your 1st 1/2- and great time! You should check out Tall Mom on the Run blog 1,000 +++ miles in a year challenge- I'm going to start this coming year as another incentive to stay up on the mileage. Again- way to go with monster dash and can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, a challenge!! I'll definitely have to check that one out, thanks for the tip!
    And thanks. Race report will follow very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you doing the Long Grove Turkey Trot? We'll be in the area for Thanksgiving and intend to run that one. I'll be the one panting....it will be my first 5K. :)

    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am doing that one! Oh, do let me know when you get into town! I'd love to see you and do a race with you!

    ReplyDelete