Saturday, September 8, 2012

I promise to return, very soon

I have to admit, I've been in a bit of a funk.  Not running, busy schedule, kids starting a new school year, and becoming involved in the PTO {insert "WTF?" here} have diverted my attention over the last month or so.  I do promise, though, to return to the blog. 

In summary, I haven't run since July 14th.  I started to let my injury get the best of me and bring me down.  I miss running terribly, and it's starting to take a toll on my mind.  It's time to recommit to getting back out there.

The kids started school; Ethel is in 2nd grade and Fred is in kindergarten.  Kindy is full day (WOO HOO!!), and I'm adjusting to not having him with me when I work from home as much as he's adjusting to being in school.  Both kids are doing well in school.

Fred has given us a run for our money lately.  He seems to be exhibiting anxiety which has developed some frustrating habits (OCD) and truly awful behaviours (defiance, for the most part).  It is emotionally exhausting, and we're all trying to help him through it, despite his tantrums and defiance.  Ethel shows moments of concern for him, peppered with her obvious displeasure with his habits.  Still, I'm confident we'll get through it and he'll be easier to be around before we know it.  I hope.

I'm about to turn 40, which is really not bothering me at all.  What is bothering me is that I was supposed to be training for the marathon, in better shape, and busy running at this point, and I'm not.  That's bothering me that turning 40.  Still, it's a fun milestone and I'll have to just have to be in better shape and training for the marathon at 41, that's all.

For now, all is well, albeit busy.  Hope to have some attention span soon to expand on the above to some degree in the near future.

3 comments:

  1. I hear ya. Same exact situation here. Busy, changing schedules and some persistent injuries have kept me from getting any sort of real running routine and commitment since Ragnar, and I'm starting to notice the change in my attitude and disposition. I'm making a new commitment to my running this week in order to save my sanity. And if the injuries don't want to let that happen, then maybe it's time to start power-walking or hill climbing... something to get the heart rate up. Good luck to you. It's frustrating when you need/want to run and can't, but eventually you realize that you need to make yourself a priority.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Fred, what are we going to do with you? Have you over soon so you can play Legos with H and your mommy can have a glass of wine? Okay, deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear from you. Our youngest sounds like she is going through what Fred is going through. Wish we could meet- for real- and have coffee and discuss this wonderful thing called "Parenting". If you find a way to stop the screaming, yelling, tantrums I'd love to know. Makes me feel better hearing you are going through it too.

    Running- Oh how I feel for you- try to start setting a schedule and maybe if running doesn't work due to injury you can look into option a. spin classes b. swimming etc. Best of luck and get back out there soon.

    Lastly- the PTO (WTF) comment cracked me out- they just suck you in- don't they.

    ReplyDelete