Sunday, March 28, 2010

Me time, week 10

I'm starting to think that someone out there is spreading the word of my location, and everyone is starting to figure this place out!  When I got here to my Panera, there were maybe two other patrons.  Nice, quiet, comfortable.  Being a little hungover from last night's outing, I was glad to have a peaceful setting to enjoy my me time.  In just under an hour, the place is practically hoppin'!  It's great, and it's nowhere near as chaotic as the environment at the other location I used to go to, but I wasn't expecting anyone to be sitting near me today! 

It's all good.  I ordered my coffee right when I got here, and guess what Matt asked me about it - "Would you like that in a mug or a to-go cup?"!  I finally got offered the ever elusive MUG!  Of course, being the creature of habit that I tend to be, I declined and took the to-go cup.  I have to admit, it's nice to have a full cup of hot coffee to take with me when I leave.  While the mug would have been nice, I feel that I've finally come to terms with the idea of the mug here, and just being offered the mug is enough for me to feel satisfied that I've been accepted into this mysterious world of the coffee house hang out.  I thanked Matt for offering the mug, took my to-go cup, and settled in at my table. 

Not long into my visit, Mike came to my table and asked if I'd like to try one of their souffles.  Flattered, I agreed to the spinach artichoke.  Mike let me know from behind the counter that my choice was all gone, so I went with the spinach bacon.  Just what I needed, a little grease, it was delish.  I figured out that just before their souffles expire, they offer them to a few customers on the floor.  Of course, I think this is only a practice when there are very few customers, since you probably couldn't offer these little "samples" when the place is nearly full.  Either way, I was pleased with my souffle, and it was a generous portion, making it all the better.

I'm really looking forward to today.  Having company is the stimulus for cleaning anyway, and since we've been into spring cleaning mode lately, this will allow us to check this off the spring cleaning list.  I plan to wash the floors in the dining room and kitchen, after we vacuum the whole first floor.  I vacuumed the upstairs this week, so that is out of the way.

Tonight's dinner will be pork tenderloin, asparagus, garlic texas toast, Hawaiian salad, probably buttered noodles, and salad.  A mixture of tastes, but, I think it will be a nice dinner.  Just need to get crackers and cheese, wine, beer, and some pop/soda/whateveryouwanttocallit.  That will be the easy part.

Ethel is really excited about having company for dinner tonight, it's been all she's talked about for the last two days.  Fred probably couldn't care less.  Can't wait to have everyone together tonight.

That's all for now.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I usually clean the most when I get company too! It's nice to eventually get everything just right after all the work and be able to enjoy the company. Your dinner menu sounds delicious!! We also have to stock up on our 'coke.' (It seems all colas are called 'coke' here.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so lovely ! I love Panera too
    their black bean soup is to die for

    ReplyDelete