Saturday, April 16, 2011

5 mile Play List

Tomorrow is my second race in as many weeks, back to back 5 mile races.  Last weekend's race was an 8K (4.97 miles to be exact), tomorrow's is a 5 mile race.  No matter, it will be fun and I will challenge myself to complete the race without walking, beating myself up, or otherwise being a poor sport about things.

I've revised my play list.  I was turned on to a podcast by a couple guys who are essentially novice runners who just go out and, well, run.  And train for a half marathon.  Nothing like diving in head first, right?  Anyway, I've added one of the podcasts to my play list, in the interest of changing things up a little.  We'll see how it goes.

Tomorrow's play list:

Episode 1 - 20 weeks to the race - Two Gomers Run A Half Marathon (TGRAHM)
Can't Wait (live) - BAD
Cannonball - The Breeders
Mirrorage - Glasser
Pumped Up Kicks - Foster the People
Been Caught Stealing - Jane's Addiction
Helena Beat - Foster the People
Lump - The Pres. of the USA
Dog Days Are Over - Florence + The Machine
U+Ur Hand - P!nk
Pump It - BEP
Raise Your Glass - P!nk
Let's Get It Started - BEP
Sober - P!nk

I won't get through most of that if I listen to the whole podcast, but if I don't, I have a good list to get me through.

Need to remember to have at least some toast in the morning.  Have been drinking water like it's going out of style today (after the morning coffee deluge that makes every Saturday morning worth waking up to), and I'm looking forward to the yummy grilled foods that are promised to follow the race.  Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment