SILLY (according to dictionary.com)
1. weak-minded or lacking good sense; stupid or foolish: a silly writer.
2. absurd; ridiculous; irrational: a silly idea.
3. stunned; dazed: He knocked me silly.
4. Cricket . (of a fielder or the fielder's playing position) extremely close to the batsman's wicket: silly mid off.
5. Archaic . rustic; plain; homely.
|1.||lacking in good sense; absurd|
|2.||frivolous, trivial, or superficial|
|4.||dazed, as from a blow|
|5.||obsolete homely or humble|
I've got kids, so silly is like a food group around here. We have silly coming out our ears (and nose, and mouth, and...well, you get the idea). There's always a silly bodily noise at dinner (some more silly than others), a silly word on the way home from day care, or a silly joke to start the day (OK, that's a big stretch, but it has happened before). It's hard to capture every knock-knock joke, every made up word, and every entertaining little quip that happens here, but I am able to sometimes snap a shot at close to the right moment to capture some of the kids' silly moments.