Thursday, December 8, 2011

Mommy's Project 52:20 Cooking

I have discovered a love for cooking over the last few years.  I enjoy time in the kitchen preparing food, it sort of relaxes me as much as it challenges me.  I plan my dinner menu two weeks at a time, shop for what is needed, and like to spend a few hours on a Sunday making meals for the week.  I don't always get to, but, I enjoy it when I do.

With one kid who doesn't really eat, and one who eats whatever he is served (for the most part), it's really hard to plan meals that all four of us will like.  Not all of us likes leftovers, so I try not to have more than a serving or two leftover from a given meal.

One thing that I really like to do is bake with the kids.  They can both crack eggs, dump flour in the mixing bowl, turn on the mixer, and they're both excellent taste testers.  I wish I had some awesome recipes, pictures, and glorious looking presentation to share, but I can't wrap my little mind around putting that all together right now.  :)  For now, I'll just share a few pics of the kids helping me in the kitchen over the past few years.

Christmas cookie time!




Helping Nani in the kitchen

Making Fred's birthday cake!

My #1 taste testers!

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate to having a kid that doesn't eat!!! It can be really fustrating, especially when you want to eat something other than cheese or blueberries... ;)

    ReplyDelete