Saturday, January 21, 2012

Blog Game

Blog Game 

My friend, Lauren, invited me to play this game on my blog, so I figured I'd give it a try!

the rules:
1. you must post the rules
2. post eleven facts about yourself on the blog post
3. answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post,
and then create eleven new questions for the people you've tagged
4. tag people and link them on your post
5. let them know you've tagged them.

So, here we go.  Eleven facts about me:
  1. I am the first American born on my mother's side of the family.
  2. My major in college was German.  
  3. I have never been to Germany.
  4. I have been to Australia and New Zealand, and would go back in a heartbeat (OK, more like 19+ hours).
  5. I am going to run the Chicago Marathon this year, it will be my first marathon.
  6. I am left handed.  
  7. I am a chocoholic.
  8. I can pass out at the drop of a hat, literally.  I have vesovegal syncop.
  9. My second child was delivered by VBAC.
  10. I have ADD.
  11. I'm sorry, what was the question?
And now, for the questions set to me by Lauren!


1. If you could be anyone in the world, who would you be?
Probably my paternal grandfather, so I could experience life through his eyes for a while.

2. If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?
Count it, pay off my house, finish house projects, invest for college, and take care of my mother.

3. What did you study in college?
In school, German and Child Development.  Out of school, moonshine, camping, and making great friends.

4. Who is your favorite actor?
Cary Grant {although, he is on a very long list of favs}

5. Have you ever traveled outside of the country?  If so, where?
New Zealand, Australia, Canada

6. Do you have a hobby?  What is it?
Running, music, softball - not in that order

7. Do you have any pets?
We have two cats; Doodle (mommy), One Eyed Pete (her son)

8. Do you believe in God?  Why or why not?
Yes.  I guess because I was told there is a God from an early age.

9. What was the BEST thing that ever happened in your life?
I learned to be comfortable with who I am, and not concentrate what others think (as much).

10. Do you believe in soulmates?  Why or why not?
I believe others have soul mates, but don't know that I believe it for myself.

11. What are you going to do today?
Win first place in a chili cook off.  BAM!

Are you ready, Lara, Amy, and Randi

Questions for you:
  1. Do you live in the state you were born in?
  2. How many times have you moved in your lifetime?
  3. Have you ever been to Mexico?
  4. Do you have a tattoo (or more)?
  5. How many children do you have?
  6. Are you left or right handed?
  7. Have you ever been to New York City?
  8. How many siblings do you have?
  9. Have you ever swam in the Pacific Ocean?
  10. Have you ever been hospitalized (aside from having children)?
  11. What is your favorite color?
Thank you, Lauren!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I never knew you had vasovegal syncop! How often do you pass out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a while since my last episode. I know what sets it off for me, so try to avoid those situations. Seeing needles, talking about serious injury or surgery, seeing stitches, etc, all send me over the edge. I know the tingly feeling before I faint, and try to ward it off if I can. When my blood sugar is particularly low, it's more likely to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have my own syncope clinic for kids with syncope and many of my patients have vasovagal syncope- how weird is this connection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's very cool! I didn't even know I was vesovegal until my therapist told me what it was. I always thought it was related to sudden drops in my blood sugar. Very funny to have that connection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the interesting facts about you! Where is your maternal family from? That's cool that you're the first from that side! While I'd love the play the game, I don't really have many blogger friends and the ones I'd choose to share this with have already been used, lol! Thanks for the invitation anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. In answer to number 7, have you ever tried Dove milk chocolate truffle eggs? Easter is coming, so be on the lookout! That said, you used to get a lot more chocolate for the money before people discovered this jewel, oh well...

    ReplyDelete