Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Not quite as simple as 1, 2, 3....

I have been looking forward to today for months. Registration for the Chicago Marathon opened at noon. Yes, I have a few weeks before it's full, yes I can register when I get home, but, I logged on right at noon. I got out my credit card, ready to pay an outrageous amount of money to run through neighborhoods in the city that I normally wouldn't drive through. I am ready to train my body to take over for itself, to dig deep within itself to do something that only 1% of people ever even try to do. I am so ready.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

I do. I click, fill in, click, fill in. It's all good.

CLICK NEXT

I do. I fill in, I click. I fill in, I click.

CLICK SUBMIT -----> Next - print receipt

...

...

...

...this may take up to 3 minutes...

...

...

...

DECLINED!!

WTF?!?!?

So I exit, and I try again.

Same result.

I finally give up and call my credit card, for which I submitted a large payment today and have more than enough room on it to fulfill this payment.

"Available balance.....zero"

Are you kidding me??  I want to strangle the stupid voice on the other end of the line.

I'll have to wait 'til I get home. This bums me out to no end.

5 comments:

  1. I checked to make sure it didn't double register, and it didn't. All this after I had to download a new browser b/c the first one wouldn't even get me to the registration page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( I hate the embarassment that comes from credit card errors! Good luck getting it straightened out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you were able to register.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG you must have been freaking out. I Would have.

    ReplyDelete