Saturday, November 26, 2011

Mommy's Project 52:18 Styling

Styling.  Defined, "style" has many different meanings, both formal and slang.  Still, I can't get past the idea that I do not feel that I have a "style" of my own, or that I am adept at styling anything in my house or even my wardrobe.  Most often, I feel that my style would be called "homeless chic" if I ever ran into Clinton and Stacy!

My daughter has adopted her own sense of style ever since she began choosing her own outfits and dressing herself.  Mine is definitely the daughter who dresses herself and often stands out with her unmatched patterns and clashing colors.  Honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way, and she doesn't know the difference.  Most of all, what to wear is not a battle I want to fight, so I'll give her the clothes, she can put them together however she likes.

My son's only concern with outward appearance is whether he was in the mood to get dressed that morning or not.  I lay his clothes on the floor, he puts them on (most of the time).

I couldn't be happier that both my kids are comfortable in their own skin and unmatched clothes.  I know the worst is not far ahead of us, and labels and names are going to matter sooner than I can say "What the hell are you wearing?".

But I want to wear ALL my new hair clips!
Silly hats are the best accessory!
Do you have to take my picture?
We don't mind getting dressed up sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment