Thursday, May 31, 2012

Mommy's Project 52:44 Sweet

Sweet is the smell of puppy breath.
Sweet is the smell of a newborn baby after their first bath.
Sweet is my son's face when he masters a task he's been practicing.
Sweet is my daughter's voice when she says she loves me at bed time.
Sweet is the taste of chocolate milk after a long, hard run.
Sweet is the card my husband gave me for Mother's Day.
Sweet is a good glass of white wine on a hot summer day.
Sweet is the way the cat looks at me when she snuggles with me in bed on Saturday morning.
Sweet is my husband doing the dishes every night after dinner so that I don't have to do them after we get the kids to bed.
Sweet is getting a top 3 finish in your age division in a race.
Sweet is anything made of chocolate.
Sweet is when my daughter goes the extra mile and cleans her room because she misses me when I'm not home.
Sweet is when my son is excited to show me that he just finished a puzzle he's been working on all morning.
Sweet is Almond Joy coffee creamer.  Trust me.  It's good.
Sweet is when my husband massages my back after I run.
Sweet is the kids asking me if my leg feels all better.

Sweet is this life I have, with this family, in this house.
Sweet is the feeling of knowing you are loved.
Sweet is loving what you have.
Sweet is having what you love.

Sweet is.....pretty sweet.

1 comment:

  1. What a really nice post! Sounds like a perfect life! I love your 'sweets!'

    ReplyDelete